Consultant Interventional Cardiologist
NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- Full time - 10 sessions per week (+2 Additional Programmed Activities)
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Calderdale Royal Hospital
- £82,096 - £110,683 Per annum
- 27/04/2021 23:59
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is a leader in the digital health revolution. With the launch of a full Electronic Patient Record in 2017 the Trust aims to be the safest, most efficient and patient centred Trust in the NHS. The launch is part of a 10-15 year ongoing project of modernisation with future opportunities for research, development in this rapidly developing field of medicine. Through working at CHFT you can be part of this innovative area aiming to bring safer and more effective care to our patients.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Interventional Cardiologist to join our Cardiology team at Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust.
Main duties of the job
Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust are proud providers of acute hospital services, where we value our staff and recognise that they are our greatest asset. With a fantastic leadership team, headed by Owen Williams, our CEO who has just made it to the top 100 BAME Leaders list CHFT is at the forefront of Digital Health utilising a number of electronic solutions to improve patient care. The CQC rated us as Good in June 2018. In their report they confirmed that; “Staff were caring and provided compassionate care. Patients were treated with dignity and respect and their privacy was respected. Patients spoke positively about the care they received”.
Working for our organisation
If you want to join a supportive and friendly team providing compassionate care then come and join us to help us achieve ‘outstanding’ in the next CQC inspection. We are nestled in the heart of the stunning Pennine hills; the area which inspired the works of the Bronte sisters. We’re conveniently located close to Manchester, and surrounded by breath-taking scenery, places to visit and things to do. With an affordable housing market and fantastic schools CHFT is perfect for family life as well as professional development.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
Applicants must be on the General Medical Council Specialist Register or within six months of being admitted to the Register for trainees if in a training programme within the UK. In accordance with the regulations, all other categories of doctors must be on the GMC Specialist Register to be considered for a consultant appointment by the Advisory Appointments Committee. Applicants must continue to hold a License to Practice.
Main responsibilities available in the job description.
If you want to talk about opportunities please contact us at email@example.com and we will put you in touch with the relevant people that can tell you more about the role and how you can fit into the team. If you require any further information you can call the Medical HR team on 01484 355029.
- MRCP or equivalent
- All applicants must have Specialist registration for Cardiology (or within 6 months of being admitted to the register for trainees, if currently in a training programme in the UK) but consideration will be given to applicants with relevant consultant level experience or trainees in a UK training scheme who are within 6 months of attaining specialist registration.
- Applicants must be Registered with the General Medical Council and hold a Licence to Practise
- Relevant higher degree (MD or PhD degree)
Experience and Achievements
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of clinical experience and competence in all aspects of Cardiology
- Completion of sub-specialty training in coronary intervention (PCI)
- Fellowship (or equivalent experience) in coronary intervention (PCI)
- Experience/ training in a complementary sub-specialty within cardiology
- Understanding current issues within the wider NHS
- Attendance at a recognised management course
- Shows ability to work with and lead others across professions
Teaching and Training
- Experience of and enthusiasm for clinical teaching of postgraduate doctors and non-medical staff.
- Formal qualification in teaching/education
- Training in clinical and educational supervision
- Attendance at a teaching course
Audit and Research
- Critical Appraisal Skills
- Knowledge of Audit principles and evidence of participation in and completion of audit projects
- Evidence of knowledge of research methodology
- Academic achievements/evidence of familiarity with research methods which have resulted in publications
- Good communication and empathy skills with patients
- Evidence of willingness to participate in a multi-disciplinary team environment to provide an integrated service
- Ability to work as a member of a team, both through communication and sharing workload
- Ability to manage high pressure situations e.g. clinical crisis
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload and co-ordinate staff
- Ability to integrate the care of a patient by many and various other clinical staff
- Willingness to work flexibly to deliver clinically effective and cost effective healthcare
Practical/Intellectual Skills/Personal Qualities
- Evidence of continual learning and development
- Understands self (strengths and weaknesses) and impact of behaviour on others
- Evidence of innovation
- Ability to use a word processor, spreadsheet, presentation software, email and internet browser
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Ability to work in various locations throughout the network of services provided by Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- For areas requiring EPP Clearance (Exposure Prone Procedures), this will also be a requirement of the health screening
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required with the Disclosure and Barring Service
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Bina Ullah
- Job title
- Medical HR Assistant Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01484 355638
- Additional information
Karthik Viswanathan - Clinical Lead - 01422 357171
Julian Chadha - General Manager - 07585990106
Rehan Naseer - Clinical Director - 01422 357171
Ashwin Verma - Divisional Director - 01422 223121