Future Leaders Programme Training Course
- Future Leaders Programme
- Band 5+
- 2 years (Fixed term contract - 2 years)
- Part time
- Flexible working
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- This is a training course only - pay will be at current level
- 03/05/2021 23:59
This is an internal opportunity within CHFT and therefore is only available to colleagues employed by Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust.
‘Developing talent to provide Calderdale with the leaders of the future.’
The Future Leaders Programme is designed to give talented managers all the tools they need to succeed and develop their leadership skills, whilst working towards a professional leadership qualification.
Main duties of the job
The programme will build on their professional experience and background, enhance their ability to lead and develop others as well as providing the technical skills needed to shine in their sector area.
It can support good leaders to understand what it takes to deliver high performance and results from their teams and can present the skills and knowledge needed by leaders for effectiveness.
Successful applicants can look forward to a programme of development through experience, exposure and input, including:
- Master classes which provide the skills, knowledge and behaviours to become an effective leader.
- Regular theme days provided by our partner organisations, which provide a broad insight into how other organisations operate.
- Work shadowing and work experience opportunities across different business functions.
- An opportunity to meet and network with a variety of other like-minded people at the same point of their management journey across Calderdale.
- Comprehensive mentor support from a nominated person within a partner organisation
Working for our organisation
Online briefing sessions are being held to support applicants with their decision.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
In order to be eligible for this programme, applicants must:
- Have experience in a leadership role, leading teams or projects.
- Be at a point where the requirement to lead and influence people is becoming increasingly significant in determining your success.
- Want to reflect on your leadership effectiveness and take steps to develop further as a leader.
- Understand the commitment required - 3 hours per week classroom attendance, 1 day per month seminar plus assignments. (see draft programme)
Further information is available through the additional documentation. Please review candidate specification, FAQs, draft programme and the candidate checklist. Please note this programme starts on w/c 1st July 2021
- Ability to work as a part of a team, contributing and sharing best practice/knowledge /resources and ideas.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong listening and questioning skills.
- Shows drive and determination.
- Committed and enthusiastic.
- Demonstrates continued professional development
- Ability to use email, internet applications, MS Windows operating system
- Understands the importance of demonstrating respect and confidentiality
- Ability to research and interpret complex information.
- Currently working in an operational management capacity.
- Responsible for clearly defined strategic outcomes.
- Manages teams, projects or departments
- Has the ability to plan, make decisions and problem solve.
- Responsibility for budgeting and financial forecasting
- Over 12 months’ experience of working within a management capacity.
- Working at Level 2 for Maths and English
- Educated to Level 3 or above.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Michelle Smith
- Job title
- Future Leaders Programme Manager
- Telephone number
- 07980 692103