- Band 7
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Calderdale Royal Hospital
- £38,890 - £44,503 per annum
- 18/08/2020 23:59
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is a leader in the digital health revolution. With the launch of a full Electronic Patient Record in 2017 the Trust aims to be the safest, most efficient and patient centred Trust in the NHS. The launch is part of a 10-15 year ongoing project of modernisation with future opportunities for research, development in this rapidly developing field of medicine. Through working at CHFT you can be part of this innovative area aiming to bring safer and more effective care to our patients.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, motivated and experienced safeguarding professional to apply for a Named Professional post within Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust’s Integrated Adult and Children Safeguarding Team. We require an experienced individual with a passion and commitment for safeguarding adults who is able to work both individually and as part of a team.
Key activities include:
- Providing specialist advice, leadership, supervision, support and training in relation to safeguarding adults and their families.
- Work collaboratively and in partnership with other agencies in the voluntary and statutory sectors; contribute to multi-agency training and support the work of the Local Safeguarding Boards.
- Act as Lead Professional for Safeguarding Adults, Prevent, Domestic Abuse and the Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Work closely within the Safeguarding Team to contribute to local service planning, delivery, redesign and performance management in relation to safeguarding adult services.
- Review and develop policies and procedures in accordance with local and national guidance.
- Develop and deliver adult safeguarding training.
- Undertake audits of safeguarding practice and report to the Head of Safeguarding.
- To be accessible to staff, service users and carers for issues relating to adult safeguarding.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
- Victoria Thersby
- Job title
- Head of Safeguarding
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01422 224570