Specialist Speech and Language Therapist
- Paediatrics SALT
- Band 6
- Part time: 30 hours per week
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Broad Street Plaza or Princess Royal Community Health Centre
- Halifax or Huddersfield
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum, pro rata
- Today at 23:59
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is a leader in the digital health revolution. With the launch of a full Electronic Patient Record in 2017 the Trust aims to be the safest, most efficient and patient centred Trust in the NHS. The launch is part of a 10-15 year ongoing project of modernisation with future opportunities for research, development in this rapidly developing field of medicine. Through working at CHFT you can be part of this innovative area aiming to bring safer and more effective care to our patients.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Speech and Language Therapist to join our innovative and motivated Children’s Therapy team in Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust. The service consists of Speech and Language Therapists, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and therapy assistants. We have team bases in both Halifax and Huddersfield, the post holder may work from the either base.
- You will provide assessment, treatment and advice, working in a variety of settings to include clinics, schools and nurseries, with children of all ages . We have excellent links with Education and Social Care and you will become part of the wider team supporting children and their families.
- The successful applicant should be looking to further develop their clinical skills and will have excellent communication and team working skills. You will need to be able to work independently and have an ability to effectively prioritise and manage a varied caseload. The post holder will contribute to service review and development to ensure the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
- We can offer strong leadership, clinical and peer supervision, positive teams, short waiting times and opportunities to work with a children with a broad range of communication difficulties.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Becky Ragg
- Job title
- Clinical Lead Speech and Language Therapist
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01422 261340