NHS AfC: Band 7
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Flexible working - 37.5 hours per week
- Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust
- Huddersfield Royal infirmary
- £38,890 - £44,503
- 22/04/2021 23:59
Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust is a leader in the digital health revolution. With the launch of a full Electronic Patient Record in 2017 the Trust aims to be the safest, most efficient and patient centred Trust in the NHS. The launch is part of a 10-15 year ongoing project of modernisation with future opportunities for research, development in this rapidly developing field of medicine. Through working at CHFT you can be part of this innovative area aiming to bring safer and more effective care to our patients.
This post and is intended to drive forwards the plan to support our local communities in securing work placements, pre apprenticeships, access to entry level jobs and removing barriers to employment.
The successful candidate will contribute at a local, regional and national level to drive the employability agenda.
The post holder will lead on the creation of a selection of opportunities for access into employment with the Trust, working in conjunction with external agencies to provide optimum support and guidance.
The postholder will be responsible for securing external funding for initiatives, monitoring and evaluating the impact of the interventions provided.
The post holder will report into the Workforce Committee on its progress on a regular basis.
Main duties of the job
Increase the Trusts capacity to host work placements.
• Increase internal secondments into different roles
• Lead on the implementation of new initiatives regarding employability
• Ensure a culture of ongoing support across all professions
• The Key contact for advice and guidance on issues relating to employability
• Work in collaboration with colleagues to ensure the implementation of the Trusts
• Lead on Employability Strategy for CHFT
• Lead on ensuring the design and implementation of quality monitoring processes
• Provide bi-annual review evidencing an internal review of employability quality within CHFT
• Provide risk assessment and clear escalation process for new starters to address any concerns arising whilst at CHFT
• Lead locally in support of the strategic direction of national and locally driven employability agenda
Working for our organisation
We understand that whether you’re just starting out or have plenty of experience, moving jobs can be both exciting and daunting, but you’ve made a great choice in considering joining Calderdale & Huddersfield NHS Foundation Trust (CHFT). We are an exceptional place to work with remarkable teams of hard working and dedicated clinical and non-clinical staff all delivering high standards of patient care.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
We have an exciting new opportunity at CHFT. We have invested in a Employability Team whose role will be to help widen access to people from our local communities to facilitate them to be able to apply and be successful in gaining roles, (paid and unpaid) within our Trust.
Firstly, we are looking to appoint an Employability Manager who will drive forward the strategic plan to support our local communities in securing work placements, pre-apprenticeships, access to entry level jobs and removing other barriers to NHS employment.
The dynamic individual will have experience of the employability agenda and possess a real passion for developing talent, mentoring and coaching individuals in order to help them achieve their full potential.
We are looking for an experienced manager who is used to working with multi-agencies across local, regional and national levels.
They will need to be an excellent communicator, with the ability to influence others.
- Degree or work experience to equivalent level
- Relevant post grad qualification, CIPD, MA, PhD, QCG etc
- Evidence of ongoing CPD
- Recognised healthcare professional qualification
- Recognised coaching qualification
- Recognised teaching / mentor qualification
- Experience of working in employability related role
- Track record of leading and developing employability projects and initiatives
- Evidence of mentoring/supervising/teaching/supporting in practice
- Experience of management/leadership
- Experience of managing a team
- Recent experience of leading projects
- Ability to provide a strategic view on employability issues
- Experience of partnership working
- Evidence of managing change/contributing to service development
- Experience of inter-professional and cross agency working
- Experience of working across service/organisational boundaries
- Experience of inter-professional working
- Experience of undertaking audit and review
- Experience of developing career development projects
- Experience of securing external funding
- Understanding and knowledge of employability and current initiatives/developments.
- Evidence of current knowledge of employability standards and practice, and a working knowledge of the NHS and local partner organisations.
- Highly developed knowledge of current employability provision pertaining to health and social care
- Knowledge of local, regional and national policies pertaining to employability experience
- Evidence of managing change
- Evidence of producing reports
Practical/Intellectual Skills/Personal Qualities
- Excellent verbal and written skills..
- Excellent time management
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates high level decision making across organisations
- An ability to store and retrieve complex information on a wide range of issues relating to practice experience
- Teaching, facilitation and presentation skills
- Good information technology skills including use of Excel
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Experienced recruiter
- Able to exercise initiative and take independent actions
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Charlotte North
- Job title
- Assistant Director of Human Resources
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01484 355037